Need to add a filter for barcode software

Al Smith al.smith at timet.com
Fri Jan 13 12:13:46 PST 2012

Hello All,
   I am migrating our printers from HP-UX to Linux. On my HP-UX server I have a barcode product called On-Tap. To properly use that software which generates the actual barcode information. I need to insert the filter that the ontap product uses so that I can print to the device and it has all the necessary information.

I am trying to figure out how to add this filter to CUPS.

Basically how it works is this to do it manually you would use the following command:

ontap_ohplaser.exe < txt_file_barcode > output.file

lp -d destination output.file

thanks for any help offered...