CUPS crashes Oce TDS400 controller

Peter Stewart peter_stewart at aapl.com.au
Tue Jan 17 17:18:29 PST 2012

G'day,

We're trying to use LPD to connect our Solaris 10 x86 CUPS server to our Oce TDS400 (large-format) printer.

Unfortunately, when we bring CUPS online, it immediately crashes the printer's controller machine (an embedded Win XP machine).

However, using the standard Solaris 'lp' command, the jobs go through fine.

We don't have any other available connection methods (except maybe SMB, but we'd hoped to use LPD).

The printer is setup as a 'raw' printer and is intended as a pass-thru.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Thanks in advance,
Peter.