Canon PIXMA MP250

bluehorse even_qq at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:13:36 PST 2012

I am trying to install driver for Canon MP250 on Tinycore Linux.

Canon provides drivers in deb and rpm form, I was unable to install them following the accompanied instruction, so I unzipped the deb file and obtained cups\backend\ folder and cups\filter\folder, I copied all files to cups folder under Tinycore, and installed PPD file within CUPS web interface.

When I tried to print test page I got "/usr/local/lib/cups/filter/pstocanonij failed", where pstocanonij is the filter file.

Anyone had experience installing MP250 on Tinycore, will appreciate if you could share the know-how.