Feature Request for html to ps

chandrashekar chandu.ise at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:35:27 PST 2012

> chandrashekar wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is der any specific filter which handles html to postscript conversion. I
> > saw texttops recognises text/html and get printed, but the flaw here is it
> > will print the tags along with the contents of html. Is there any specific
> > filter which prints html file without tags printing like a normal document
> > printing. Is the feature not supported or any development is in progress.
> >
> > Regards,
> > chandrashekar
>
> I've just started to set up a htmltops filter on the basis of the
> html2ps
> script by Jan Kärrman (Uppsala Univerity, Sweden), as it supports
> a functional subset of CSS2 style sheets (via a configuration file)
> and has no graphic library dependencies like gtk or fltk etc.
>
> I think a first usable version will be available during the next week.
>
> Helge

Dear Helge,

what ever you had referred for html2ps script it is in perl language. I tested this feature on Linux box it is working fine. My understanding is if you could provide html2ps in C binary then overhead of perl interpreter would be gone. Because certain non-mac machine need perl interpreter to execute this script. Please consider this as a feature request.

Thanks,
chandrashekar