Double printing problem after CUPS update

Alexander Urban alexurbanac at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 25 05:55:26 PST 2012

Hi there,

I have a problem after update to CUPS 1.5. (I think the old one was 1.4.7 but not sure)

Our "workgroup" printer is a KM bizhub c452 (for 250 users, ~220 of them Windows users doing fine, and 20 Macs and 10 Linuxes).

With CUPS 1.5, everything is printed twice, I don't know why. On the CUPS versions used earlier, everything was printed once.

Problem occurs on more than one machine - all iMacs (about a dozen) and some linux boxes.

How can I debug this? I'm new to debugging in printer environment, so step-by-step procedures would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alexander