1.3.11 Issues

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Wed Jan 4 09:36:44 PST 2012

Nick wrote:

> Hi.  I am trying to change a printer option in CUPS 1.3.11 on Mac OS X
> 10.5.8.  Under Set Printer Options, I change XRBannersheet (Xerox PPD)
> from On to Off, but when I click the "Set Printer Options" button, it just
> kicks me back to the main page.  When I navigate back to the Set Printer
> Options page, the option is still set to On.  I also cannot seem to be
> able to delete printers from CUPS' web portal (just takes me to a blank
> page), but I can still use lpadmin -x successfully.
>
> Any advice?

Modifying the CUPS configuration (1.3.11 on 10.5.8) should ask you to
authenticate as a user with administrator rights against CUPS unless you
already are an administrator.

When you are an ordinary user and try to modify the CUPS configuration,
an appropriate authentication dialog should pop up.

Helge