[cups.development] How to install Host Resident fonts with ppd file?

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 9 10:00:01 PST 2012

You really need to define what you what - it is no good keep asking the same question but adding some details here and there and shifting the requirements. Others cannot read minds, and don't have the patience to guess what you want.

You first ask how to save bandwidth by not embedding, then ask how to make the fonts available to host-side applications, now you are asking to limit font choice per printer choice.

AFAIK the last requirement is impossible on linux or cups - fonts are available to all applications or none, regardless of printer choices.