[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3591: Socket backend will loop "forever"

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Jan 13 10:41:59 PST 2012

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

We previously gave up and stopped the queue which caused no end of
complaints, and supporting more URI options isn't something we want to do.

There is a new MaxJobTime directive that will allow you to give up on a
job after a specific number of seconds of "inactive" time (i.e. a stuck
job) which will result in the job being canceled. I don't know if this
will accomplish what you need, but we won't be adding yet another
configuration option for the backend, sorry...

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3591
Version:  -feature
Fix Version: Will Not Fix