[cups.general] Postprocessing script not running

Geo P.C. pcgeopc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:37:50 PDT 2012

Hi

 We are using cups-pdf printer and priner is working fine. In order to
change the output file we tried PostProcessing script as
/usr/local/bin/cups-pdf-renamer. The setting in cups-pdf file is as follows:
 ### Default: <empty>
 PostProcessing /usr/local/bin/cups-pdf-renamer
 ########
Please see the permission of script and its contents.
root at printserver:~# ls -la /usr/local/bin/cups-pdf-renamer
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 120 2012-07-13 11:16 /usr/local/bin/cups-pdf-renamer
#!/bin/bash
FILENAME=`basename $1`
DIRNAME=`dirname $1`
DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H:%M:%S"`
mv $1 $DIRNAME"/"$DATE".pdf"
 We installed this cups printer in windows and while printing to this
printer document conversion is working fine but the script is not running.
We alos tried from server with lp command still script is not running.

 We just changed the script only to a echo command still script is not
running. So script is not running in server. In server cups error log it
shows:
[Job 6] sh: /usr/local/bin/cups-pdf-renamer: Permission denied

 It seems the permission is correct as 755. Can anyone please help on it.

 Thanks
Geo