[cups.general] Need to get options

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Mon Jul 16 06:38:14 PDT 2012

Geo P.C. wrote:

> Please let me know is there any cups program or any option to get print or
> list the "option" filed. That is with Postprocessing we are getting the
> document passed but we need options that passed with document too that
> number of copies , landscape etc...
>
> While printing the $ we are not getting the option filed. Please anyone
> help on this.
>
> Thanks
> Geo P.C.

You'd need to modify the cups-pdf sources in order to pass the options
string passed to the backend to the postprocessing command as well.

As a workaround, you could try to use the prtofile backend (see the links on
the cups website) which provides postprocessing facilities as well and is
written in Perl, so very easy to adapt to your needs.

Helge