[cups.general] How to change to a normal hostname?

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Mon Jul 16 16:49:34 PDT 2012

Hello Michael Sweet,

> Michelle,
>
> Either add "ServerAlias cups.intranet.tamay-dogan.net" to your
> cupsd.conf file or fix the reverse DNS lookups (in the /etc/hosts
> file if needed) so that the IP address and hostname match.  The
> scheduler is complaining because the destination address and hostname
> don't match, which could be a DNS rebinding attack launched against a
> web browser...

I do not use the /etc/hosts file but bind9 which is setup correctly  for
years.

And what I do not understand is, that my DNS is configured

cups.intranet1.tamay-dogan.net <-> 192.168.0.30

But if I go into the admin tab, I can see more then 2400 printer Kyocera
FS-1030D.  Exactly on all configured IP addresses on the system like

Kyocera_FS-1030D at 192.168.0.30  ...

WTF?

If I am on my workstation, I can see more then 14.000 printers, even  if
I have only 6 connected to 6 Computers

It seems the Dist-Upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze (Debian  GNU/Linux)  has
destructed the whole configuration.

I want only to admin the 6 printers (3 USB and 6 Network printers)  from
my Intranet Server <cups.intranet1.tamay-dogan.net> on 192.168.0.30  but
now it is like an install orgie!

How can I remove the 14.000 printers and use only the 6 installed ones?

I was reading the help on the the website, but there is no hint, how  to
prevent cups to capture ALL IP adresses.

Oh and more, if CUPS grap all ip addresses, my apache  server  does  not
more start, because CUPS is taking over all ports.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
                <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems at tdnet                     Jabber  linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3                   Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl                          Tel mobil:  +49-177-9351947
Germany                             Tel mobil:  +33-6-61925193  (France)

USt-ID:  DE 278 049 239