ubuntu 11.10, CUPS, problematic operation

Roy Stannard roycstannard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 09:04:22 PDT 2012

I installed ubuntu 11.10 fairly recently and since then I've had problems with an HP laserjet 1022. Mostly, CUPS pauses the printer randomly. I've been doing a quick fix of going into CUPS and doing a resume, which usually works. Sometimes, the printer has to be turned off and then on to get page printed. Obviously, I would like a more permanent solution.

I did a purge and reinstall of CUPS but this achieved nothing.

Any help would be very gratefully received as this problem is really bugging me. It's all the more of a hassle as it is the first time I've experienced any problems with CUPS on a ubuntu platform.

TIA