Printing problem

Jeremy jeremycruz31 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 08:27:56 PDT 2012

 Good day guys! This is my first post.
I'm having problem with my print results, i have a canon ip1800 model printer, i have installed the cnijfilter-ip1800series and cnijfilter-common for canon, yes the printer works now but the result is driving me crazy!
 I want to print photos on a photopaper with the size of 3.5 x 5 inches, i have configured the page size and image/layout size correctly but the image result is like an A4 size paper, it's like you are printing an image the size of A4 on a 3.5 x 5 photo paper, the result is you only get to print a partial of the image.
 How do i fix this? Please help me, i'm going nuts now. I'm a noob, i'm using Ubuntu Linux 10.4 lucid lynix.
Thank you in advance!