Printing problem

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Sun Jul 22 10:12:15 PDT 2012

Jeremy wrote:

>  Good day guys! This is my first post.
> I'm having problem with my print results, i have a canon ip1800 model
> printer, i have installed the cnijfilter-ip1800series and
> cnijfilter-common for canon, yes the printer works now but the result is
> driving me crazy!
>  I want to print photos on a photopaper with the size of 3.5 x 5 inches, i
>  have configured the page size and image/layout size correctly but the
>  image result is like an A4 size paper, it's like you are printing an
>  image the size of A4 on a 3.5 x 5 photo paper, the result is you only get
>  to print a partial of the image. How do i fix this? Please help me, i'm
>  going nuts now. I'm a noob, i'm using Ubuntu Linux 10.4 lucid lynix.
> Thank you in advance!

You probably need to specify the job attribute "fit-to-page" to force cups
to scale down the images to the selected media size.

If you still have difficulties, do:
- cupsctl --debug-logging
- print an image
- cupsctl --no-debug-logging
and post the portion of /var/log/cups/error_log that contains the messages
of the print job.

Helge