"Find New Printers" isn't working.

Alan Mackenzie acm at muc.de
Sat Jul 28 02:55:00 PDT 2012

BTW, I'm on CUPS 1.5.2.

> Do you already have a print queue setup for this printer?

There is a print queue set up for "this printer", where "this printer" is the same physical printer at "Connection:	parallel:/dev/lp0".

/dev/lp0 does not exist at all in my current system.  /dev/lp0 and its queue are hangovers from a previous system.  Currently, the printer is on /dev/usb/lp0, which has a symlink /dev/usblp0.  CUPS is not finding the printer here.