Unable to use local certificate with CUPS

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at freemail.ru
Sat Jul 28 11:45:49 PDT 2012

Greetings, All.

I'm moving internal infrastructure towards smooth connectivity, and one of the
steps was to start using proper certificates to encrypt secure connections.
Apache and other services already going fine, but CUPS made me a problem.
When I point it to the new key/cert, it deny any attempts to connect to it
using SSL.

E [28/Jul/2012:22:06:26 +0400] encrypt_client: Unable to encrypt connection from 192.168.1.10!
E [28/Jul/2012:22:06:26 +0400] encrypt_client: Could not negotiate a supported cipher suite.

when I set links back to "snakeoil" certificate, everything start to behave.
FS rights on key and certificate are copied from "snakeoil" one, so I can't
think about it being file access problem.

Do I need any special OID's for certificate to work with CUPS, or anything
else I've missed?

--
Sincerely Yours, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail.ru>