Installation problems

Myke entozoon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:19:23 PDT 2012

Hello, I'm trying to install cups on my raspberry pi (debian wheezy) via apt-get. I've done it before, but this time it's not working.
Any ideas? Here is what happens when I try and remove it and re-install:

root at raspberrypi:/etc/init.d# apt-get remove cups
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
 cups-client : Depends: cups-common (>= 1.5.3) but it is not going to be installed
               Recommends: smbclient but it is not going to be installed
 cups-ppdc : Depends: cups-common but it is not going to be installed
 ghostscript : Depends: libgs9 (= 9.05~dfsg-6) but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: gsfonts (>= 6.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
 hplip : Depends: libsane-hpaio (= 3.12.6-3) but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: hplip-data (= 3.12.6-3) but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: cups (>= 1.1.20) but it is not going to be installed
 libsnmp15 : Depends: libsnmp-base (>= 5.4.3~dfsg-2.5) but it is not going to be installed
 printer-driver-gutenprint : Depends: libgutenprint2 (>= 5.2.9) but it is not going to be installed
                             Depends: cups (>= 1.3.0) but it is not going to be installed
 printer-driver-hpcups : Depends: cups but it is not going to be installed
 printer-driver-splix : Depends: cups (>= 1.5.0-3~) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

root at raspberrypi:/etc/init.d# apt-get install cups
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
cups is already the newest version.
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
 cups : Depends: cups-common (>= 1.5.3) but it is not going to be installed