[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #4142: Printing to Postscript printer barely works

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Tue Jul 24 09:38:18 PDT 2012

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

I _am_ reporting this to the developer:

cups-filters-1.0.18$ head -2 AUTHORS.txt
Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting/Canonical (till.kamppeter at gmail.com)
Michael Sweet, Apple (msweet at apple.com)

Can you elaborate about which specific piece of software you do "not
support or develop"?  My problem is with cups and cups-filters.  I am not
using any third-party drivers or software, unless you're talking about
specific bugs in ghostscript or poppler, which at the least is still very
much interacting with your software (as H. Blischke pointed out, there is
at least some interaction "due to a special quirk handler in the pdftops
filter for Brother")

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4142
Version: 1.5.3
Fix Version: Third-party