[cups.development] Limit for the number of printers to install

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jul 25 10:15:37 PDT 2012

Ajay,

There is no hardcoded limit to the number of printers, however there is a practical one based on the type of printer, resources required, and so forth.  Modern servers can easily manage thousands of printers, however the user load (number of clients, client request processing) can often be the Achilles heel in such configurations...

Look at tweaking the FilterLimit, MaxClients*, and MaxJobs* directives in your cupsd.conf file to tune your CUPS server for your workload.