[cups.general] How do PPD options relate to IPP Printer/Job attributes?

Rijk Ravestein rijkr at datraverse.nl
Wed Jun 6 06:36:37 PDT 2012

Hello Michael,

Mac OS X Leopard automagically selects the ipp scheme when adding an "IPP
printer". You just fill in the host or IP address and the name of the
queue, and Max OS composes the ipp://host/queue url. There is no way to
force the http scheme to an IPP printer connection. Sorry about my mention
of the http scheme, this is incorrect and actually was ipp:// in the Mac OS
case.
--
Best regards,
Rijk Ravestein