lppasswd and passwd.md5 modifications

Josh joshua.peuterbaugh at cerner.com
Thu Jun 7 08:18:22 PDT 2012

I have been looking for a while now and have still not found what I am looking for.  Is there a way to allow multiple users to be updating the passwd.md5 file via the lpppasswd command?  Everytime I make a change with another user it overwrites the current user list that was made with another user account.  Also changes the ownership of the passswd.md5 file.  Am I missing something or is there a way to allow multiple users to make changes that just update the file not overwrite the other users that were already in the digest file.  Thanks in advance for help.