[cups.general] Setting printer parameters when printing PDF natively (no PS).

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:37:26 PDT 2012

On 06/11/2012 11:22 PM, James Cloos wrote:
> It is likely, when sending pdfs, that your printer expects any
> device settings to be sent via PJL.
>
> I don't use OSX, and therefore am not up on cgpdftopdf's capabilities,
> but I expect you will need to re-write each section of the PPD which
> uses postscript to set an option instead to use PJL.

I have done such a thing for PDF printers in the cups-filters package at
OpernPrinting. Download the package from

http://www.openprinting.org/download/cups-filters/

and see the "NATIVE PDF PRINTER SUPPORT" in the README file and the files

ppd/Generic-PDF_Printer-PDF.ppd
ppd/HP-Color_LaserJet_CM3530_MFP-PDF.ppd

    Till