[cups.general] Secure print?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Jun 12 05:30:44 PDT 2012

Hello,

On Jun 2 04:22 franz.pfoertsch.brose wrote (excerpt):
> I done something similar for Canon multifunction devcies:
>  http://www.pfoertsch.net/wiki/index.php/Main/CuPs
> section "How to use the securprint-feature of Canon ..."

There is a typo, it reads:
expand the appropriate ppd-file (/usr/share/cups/model/)
restart the cupsd-daemon, to reload the ppd, modify a existing printer
or create a new one with this ppd.

It should be something like:
enhance the PPD file for the print queue (/etc/cups/ppd/queue_name.ppd)
or enhance an appropriate template PPD file (/usr/share/cups/model/...)
restart the cupsd-daemon, to reload the PPD file for the print queue
or create a new print queue with the template PPD file.

Reason:
The PPD files in /usr/share/cups/model/... are only used when
a new print queue is set up which copies the PPD file
to /etc/cups/ppd/queue_name.ppd

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner