[cups.general] CUPS Cascade

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Jun 12 05:57:34 PDT 2012

Quoting adriano <adriano at lansolution.com.br>:
> I don't know if this is the right place for this question.
> My scenario: I've three different places: office1, office2 and
> office3. Each one has you own CUPS and Office1 and Office2 are
> direct (wired) connected.  The Office3 is connect to the others by a
> VPN.
> I administrate only Office2 and Office3 the Office1 is my client's office.
> I've to print on Office1's printers. He allowed office2 CUPS to
> print on his printers by smb share. Office3 can't connect do Office1
> directly.
> How can I configure the Office3's CUPS to print on Office1's
> printers? I've configured to use smb, but the test page disappears
> withou any message. If I try to print to Office2's network printer
> it works fine.

Do you see Office3's queues on the Office1 server?

What do you mean by "directly" in "Office3 can't connect do Office1 directly"?

When you say "office2 CUPS to print on his printers by smb share" what
exactly do you mean?  Did he create specific print queues in Samba
[smb.conf] that point to Office1 queues are is Samba discovering those
queues from the local [Office2] CUPS server?