pdftops -paper match

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Tue Jun 12 14:10:27 PDT 2012

franz. pfoertsch. brose wrote:

> Hello,
>
> since years I am using the oldfashion pdftops-binary from cups 1.3.7.
>
> Now I want to replace it with the pdftops from poppler utils.
> For printing of pdf-files I am using the paper=match option to do a tray
> selection.
>
> How do I configure the modern pdftops-wrapper, to have the same behaviour?
>
> regards
> Franz

The poppler based pdftops utility accepts the command line option
"-paper match" just as the "original" by Glyph & Cog.

If you need to modify the wrapper filter, I'd recommend to replace it by the
"alternate pdftops filter" from the links page at www.cups.org, which *is* a
pdftops wrapper written in Perl and thus quite easy to modify.

Helge