Setting printer parameters when printing PDFnatively (no PS).

Ben BW benbwster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:28:36 PDT 2012

> On 06/11/2012 11:22 PM,
> I have done such a thing for PDF printers in the cups-filters package at
> OpernPrinting. Download the package from
>
> http://www.openprinting.org/download/cups-filters/
>
> and see the "NATIVE PDF PRINTER SUPPORT" in the README file and the files
>
> ppd/Generic-PDF_Printer-PDF.ppd
> ppd/HP-Color_LaserJet_CM3530_MFP-PDF.ppd

I tried using the Generic PDF Printer PPD on my print queue, but to no avail. Do I need to use one of your filters as well, rather than cgpdftopdf? I can't find any documentation on PJL support within OS X.

I might leave it for now, but it's good to know that my printer can do PDF, when/if CUPS moves over to PDF as default.