[cups.general] LDAP Browsing & "Bad Printer URI"

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Jun 13 05:13:32 PDT 2012

I've added the CUPS schema to my LDAP DSA and created a cupsPrinter
object.  Then I pointed my CUPS server to BrowseRemoteProtocol ldap and
other related directives.

I appears to discover the printer but in the error log I see -

Bad printer URI in browse data: ipp://lpd01996.dynamic.mormail.com/ipp

- and the printer queue is not available.  How is that a bad URI?  Do
URIs in LDAP objects need to be encoded in any special form?