Added printer through system-config-printer does not show in CUPS Localhost:631

Richard Rosengren rrosengren at tampaairport.com
Fri Jun 15 08:49:20 PDT 2012

I have an issue on one of my linux boxes. Normally when I add a printer using system-config-printer and then go to look at the CUPS admin panel for it, the printer will appear. On this box, however, I have to then add the printer again through the CUPS admin panel. Why am I having to do this, and how can I change that back to what I consider "normal" functionality?

I am a linux n00b, so I will try and follow along.

Thanks in advance.