Unable to find required library archive command

Piyush Saxena piyush128k at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 13:58:30 PDT 2012

> > Piyush Saxena wrote:
Here is what i did

1)
Link:- http://answerpot.com/showthread.php?2288588-Make%20error%20after%20compile%201.4.6

./configure --disable-gssapi
Though am not using an older version of Solaris but right now i would try anything..... I added the "--disable-gssapi" to ./configure

2)
I un-commented STATFS with prefix "undef" found in config.h in CUPS folder as follows:
#undef HAVE_STATFS
#undef HAVE_SYS_STATFS

3)
#include "ppdc-private.h" I could or did not know how to do this

4)
to remove the "-lnsl" entry from the Makefile - I could figure out which make file. there are so many o f them.

re-ran make. went well and later ran #make install and for :-

bash-3.2# make install
Making all in cups...
Installing data files in cups...
Installing data files in test...
Installing sample ipptool files in /usr/share/cups/ipptool...
/cups-1.5.3/install-sh: function: not found
/cups-1.5.3/install-sh: -d: cannot open
/cups-1.5.3/install-sh: syntax error at line 68: `}' unexpected
*** Error code 2
The following command caused the error:
/cups-1.5.3/install-sh -d -m 755 /usr/share/cups/ipptool
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-data'
Current working directory /cups-1.5.3/test
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for dir in cups test filter backend berkeley cgi-bin driver monitor notifier ppdc scheduler systemv conf data desktop locale man doc examples templates  fonts; do\
        echo Installing data files in $dir... ;\
        (cd $dir; make  install-data) || exit 1;\
done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-data'

Help please.