[cups.general] Printing issues with HP printers (especially HP LaserJet 1320)

Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DS CD) Martin.Schuster1 at infineon.com
Mon Jun 25 00:46:34 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-23 17:00, cfr wrote:
> [...]
Helge has already sent a good reply, just want to add my 2 cents
to the following problem:

> The web interface makes it difficult to pick the right driver because
> I see many identically named options in the list but I think I've
> chosen correctly.

You could use the commandline interface instead. To change the driver
of an existing printer, do
   lpadmin -p [destination] -P [ppd-file]

hth,
Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH   Martin.Schuster1 at infineon.com
Lakeside B05, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria   Martin Schuster
          FB: LG Klagenfurt, FN 246787y   +43 5 1777 3517