[cups.development] Audits and Authentication

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jun 5 03:52:47 PDT 2012

Steve,

The name is the document file is not authenticated and comes from the windows printer driver or application. Moreover it is usually the display name of the current user, e.g., Steve King, and not a unique identifier that could be used to correlate a job to a user in the general case.

In short, this is not the username you are looking for...

Sent from my iPad