fatal error: cups/language-private.h: No such file or directory

Rick rspurlock99 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 13:41:36 PDT 2012

Bear with me as I’m a newb to Cups development. I need to add some custom PJL commands to the rastertopclx filter so I downloaded the 1.5.3 source. When I try to compile the rastertopclx.c included in the source, I get the below error

gcc -o rastertostpclx `cups-config --cflags` rastertopclx.c `cups-config --libs`
rastertopclx.c:33:35: fatal error: cups/language-private.h: No such file or directory

I assume I’m missing a package/library but I have not been able to find any solutions online that has clear this error. I have tried 3 different distro’s. Cent6.2, Mint13 and now Fedora17-KDE

Can someone point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated.