[cups.general] CUPS driver for 64 bits Windows ?

alet at librelogiciel.com alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu Mar 8 13:48:54 PST 2012

Hi all,

We've been using CUPS' driver for windows on all of our 32 bits Windows
clients for two years now, with automated driver installation through
Samba, allowing us to use a single printer driver for our 60 printers.

Now we've got an increasing number of 64 bits Windows 7 clients, for
which this automated driver installation doesn't work because we don't
have the 64 bits CUPS driver on our Samba server.

So I've got two questions :

* Could anyone who has done the compilation work make the 64 bits CUPS
  driver for Windows available somewhere ? (If it's already available I
  didn't find it)

* Provided I can put my hands onto this beast, what is the correct way
  to put this onto our Samba server while not having to re-launch
  cupsaddsmb for all printers ? The problem we've got is related to
  Samba/Windows setting the default page site to Letter, while we use
  A4, and so we fear to have to log into a Windows box and re-change all
  default settings for all printers and both 32 and 64 bits versions...
  I've tried to symlink /var/lib/samba/printers/x64 to
  /var/lib/samba/printers/W32X86 but this didn't work. This would have
  been great if it did.

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

bye

--
Jerome "still alive ;-)" Alet