Printing to a Windows Server fails

William Moore wmoore40 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:20:08 PDT 2012

Hello

I'm trying to send print jobs from CUPS to a print server on Windows Server 2003 via http. This used to work with version 1.4.3 of CUPS, although I had to set the Error Policy for the printers to abort-job, otherwise the jobs never finished.

Now I have had to upgrade to version 1.5.2 of CUPS and the abort-job policy no longer works. All the printer jobs hang on "Waiting for job to complete". I tried setting a Timeout value of 30 in cupsd.conf, but that didn't make any difference.

Is there something else I can to set to make this work again, or do I have to install an old version of CUPS? Installing an old version of CUPS is my least preferred option.

Thanks in advance

William