[cups.general] Print PCL with printer info from PPD?

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Mar 13 15:08:19 PDT 2012

Helge Blischke <h.blischke at acm.org> writes:

> Well, Xpdf's pdftops, the poppler based pdftops equivalent, or a recent
> Ghostscript (>= 9.01 which supports the ps2write device) all generate
> fairly well formed PostScript streams.

But they still can crash gs or printer-resident ps interpreters.

Try printing the lcms2 docs.  IIRC, page 89 of the API reference crashes
gs and KM's interpreter after having been converted to ps by poppler.

The tutorial also fails to completely print.

I've had problems with other files in the past; the lcms docs were the
most recent.

Other printers might have problems with certain fonts.

-JimC