Cups modelscript setup information

csarid csarid at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 12:35:49 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to use a script that does some conversion on the file sent to the printer via the "lp -d" command. I have setup the script and placed in the "/usr/lib/cups/backend" directory. However, the file is never processed by the script. Instead, I see the file in the "/var/spool/cups" and is never processed.

I created the shell script which simply does some file conversions and takes the finalfile and does an "lp -dmyprinter finalfilename".

Also, I created the printer using the following lpadmin command:
"lpadmin -pmyprinter -v scriptname:/dev/null"

Can anyone please provide any insites or information on this? Is there a better way to intercept the file being sent to the specific print queue?

Thanks in advance,

C.