Feature Request for html to ps

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Fri Mar 16 11:00:47 PDT 2012

Helge Blischke wrote:

> chandrashekar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is der any specific filter which handles html to postscript conversion. I
>> saw texttops recognises text/html and get printed, but the flaw here is
>> it will print the tags along with the contents of html. Is there any
>> specific filter which prints html file without tags printing like a
>> normal document printing. Is the feature not supported or any development
>> is in progress.
>>
>> Regards,
>> chandrashekar
>
> I've just started to set up a htmltops filter on the basis of the
> html2ps
> script by Jan Kärrman (Uppsala Univerity, Sweden), as it supports
> a functional subset of CSS2 style sheets (via a configuration file)
> and has no graphic library dependencies like gtk or fltk etc.
>
> I think a first usable version will be available during the next week.
>
> Helge

Well, for the moment I have ceased this project, as the results using that
html2ps script seem too poor with respect of nowaday's web pages, as is the
case with htmldoc. I then started to check if a browser could be abused for
that purpose and found some promising results with firefox 3.x, but I didn't
follow this track as firefox updates are coming so frequently that updating
of the plugin/extension will be necessary nearly every couple of days.

Helge