[cups.general] How to navigate the sources

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Mar 23 08:03:30 PDT 2012

If you really want to use the CUPS libraries on Windows then you want to download CUPS; either the current stable version or the latest SVN snapshot (if you are doing non-production stuff).

The Driver Development Kit is legacy from before CUPS 1.3 and is no longer needed; we still provide the old source download for people using CUPS 1.2.

The Windows Driver is just that - a PostScript driver for Windows that works with Samba to support Windows clients.  It does not include any of the development APIs.