CUPS Manual Duplex

Rykel rykellim at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 20:13:36 PDT 2012

Dear Sir/Madam, I am using a Brother HL-2140L home laser printer.

The Windows driver is able to print through Manual Duplex. 2 dialogs will pop up subsequently with a picture of how to place the papers in the tray.

However, this ability is not available in CUPS/Linux.

I have emailed Brother Support for Manual Duplex in Linux but unfortunately, they said that it will not be done.

I wonder if the cool programmers here would be willing to hack out a way to print Manual Duplex on my printer (and others like it)?

Thanks for all the work you have done to make the world a better place.

Rykel