using with header files

Tournie tourney.email at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 14:05:47 PDT 2012

API documentation is what I was following when I encountered the problem with needing ipp-private.h.  I created a variable of type 'ipp_t *' to hold the return value from ippNew() and then I tried filling in other fields in it (as I sketched out below) and the compiler needed ipp-private.h.

Knowing the functions available will help later on, but right now I'm not even sure what to consider calling.  Really, my situation is this: I have a printer that speaks IPP and I know it's IP address.  I want to find out about its jobs, send jobs to it, cancel jobs if necessary, etc.  When do I need to use ippNew().  What about httpConnect()?  Is there a page that explains this or gives an example?  http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/spm.html is in the right direction....