[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #4038: Login to Web Interface not possible with some passwords

Martin mr.josef.k at arcor.de
Wed Mar 7 13:27:28 PST 2012

[STR New]

Running Ubuntu 11.10 (CUPS 1.5.0-8) it is impossible to login to the CUPS
Web interface http://localhost:631/ if the password of the admin user
contains special characters or rather german umlauts such as äÄöÖüÜ

I haven't tested other characters, but if I use only latin characters
(a-z, A-Z, 0-9 etc.) I have no problems with logging in. Is it an
charset/encoding problem?

Ho to reproduce the bug:
-change password and put e.g. ä in it
-type in username/password in the Web Interface
-authentication fails even if the password is correctly typed in

This bug was also reported in launchpad.net
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/817999

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4038
Version: 1.5.0