[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #4040: backendWaitLoop never examines SNMP supplies

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 04:22:33 PST 2012

[STR New]

In backend/runloop.c, the backendWaitLoop function looks at first glance as
though it will check the SNMP supplies periodically while waiting for data.
 In fact this never happens: the select() is indefinite, so we'll only get
past that line if one of the file descriptors becomes readable.  But if
stdin is readable we break out of the loop, and if the side-channel is
readable we skip back to the beginning with 'continue'.

Here is a suggested patch to make SNMP updates happen periodically.  It
changes the select timeout to be initially 5 seconds.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4040
Version: 1.5.2