[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4048: Cannot print in Landscape mode from LibreOffice and Mozilla to HP DeskJet 940c

Manuel Reimer manuel.reimer at gmx.de
Fri Mar 16 07:41:02 PDT 2012

[STR New]

Hello,

I hope someone can help me, as I finally tried anything, I can.

I use the following software:

CUPS 1.5.2
HPLIP 3.11.12
Slackware 13.37

Hardware: HP DeskJet 940c connected directly to the computer using USB.

If I try to print from LibreOffice in landscape orientation, then the
printer prints in portrait mode and parts of my document are cut off. This
can be fixed here by setting the print format to PostScript (seems to be a
common fix mentioned pretty often on the web).

Doing the same in Mozilla (Firefox, SeaMonkey), causes exactly the same
problem. Printer prints portrait mode and left/right part cut off, but
here it is not possible to fix this, as there is no way to set printout
format to Postscript.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4048
Version: 1.5.2