[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #4050: brother hl-2030 not recognized

damien thiriet damien.thiriet77 at laposte.net
Mon Mar 26 07:58:51 PDT 2012

[STR New]

My Brother hl-2030 isn’t detected when plugged on the usb.

I am a linux user. This is a known feature, described for example here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Brother_HL-2030
Blacklisting usbl does not resolve anything, the only way to have my
printer being detected is to use hal. That is what I am doing know, but
hal is deprecated. This means one day I won’t be able to use my printer
at all.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4050
Version: 1.5.2