'held for authetication'

Jen Roidt jenr at cooperfarms.com
Thu May 10 12:54:55 PDT 2012

We are often getting print jobs held for authentication on our new RHEL6 server.  We then have to go into the gui and release them.  The same printer will work most of the time and then next thing you know, there is a job held for authentication.

We've been in contact with Red Hat with no satisfying results.

If anyone has any ideas on this we'd appreciate it.

Also - does any one know of a command line option for releasing these print jobs instead of us going into the gui??? its a virtualized machine so we have to log into vcenter and then the gui - it would be much quicker if there was just a command we could type.

Thanks.