[cups.general] touble with 'make test'

michael at onkel-karl-lernt-surfen.de michael at onkel-karl-lernt-surfen.de
Mon May 14 12:22:31 PDT 2012

Hello

Linux gcc-4.3 kernel-2.6.38 libc-2.7
cups-1.5.2

I did:
../configure --prefix=/opt/printer --enable-static
make
make test

  The 'make test' occupied the last free space (31GB) of the hard
disk. I canceled his process by hand. What was going wrong?

  [code]
  Running CUPS test suite...
Welcome to the CUPS Automated Test Script.

Before we begin, it is important that you understand that the larger
tests require significant amounts of RAM and disk space.  If you
attempt to run one of the big tests on a system that lacks sufficient
disk and virtual memory, the UNIX kernel might decide to kill one or
more system processes that you've grown attached to, like the X
server.  The question you may want to ask yourself before running a
large test is: Do you feel lucky?

OK, now that we have the Dirty Harry quote out of the way, please
choose the type of test you wish to perform:

0 - No testing, keep the scheduler running for me (all systems)
1 - Basic conformance test, no load testing (all systems)
2 - Basic conformance test, some load testing (minimum 256MB VM, 50MB disk)
3 - Basic conformance test, extreme load testing (minimum 1GB VM, 500MB disk)
4 - Basic conformance test, torture load testing (minimum 2GB VM, 1GB disk)

Enter the number of the test you wish to perform: [1]
Running the timid tests (1)

Now you can choose whether to create a SSL/TLS encryption key and
certificate for testing; these tests currently require the OpenSSL
tools:

0 - Do not do SSL/TLS encryption tests
1 - Test but do not require encryption
2 - Test and require encryption

Enter the number of the SSL/TLS tests to perform: [0]
Not using SSL/TLS (0)

This test script can use the Valgrind software from:

     http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/

Enter Y to use Valgrind or N to not use Valgrind: [N]
Creating directories for test...
Creating cupsd.conf for test...
Creating printers.conf for test...
Setting up environment variables for test...
Starting scheduler:
      ../scheduler/cupsd -c /tmp/cups-root/cupsd.conf -f
 >/tmp/cups-root/log/debug_log 2>&1 &

Scheduler is PID 1639; run debugger now if you need to.

Press ENTER to continue...
Running IPP compliance tests...
Performing 4.1-requests.test: PASS
Performing 4.2-cups-printer-ops.test: FAIL
Performing 4.3-job-ops.test:
  [/code]