Change PageSize option from Mac PDE?

Aaron Sher asher at vanteon.com
Thu May 17 11:24:16 PDT 2012

The background here is that I'm trying to implement borderless printing on a printer that doesn't support it natively. My thought is that in order to get overspray, I'll need to increase the page size. I could increase the image size in the filter, but it seems like I'd introduce too many scaling artifacts in raster data if I did it that way.

Now, I don't want to introduce a whole new set of Borderless XXX page sizes in the PPD and force the user to pick one of those; I just want to have a checkbox in the PDE that puts us into borderless mode.

So, assuming that the premise is sound, it seem like what I need to do is to increase the page size in the PDE so that the application will do the scaling itself, if any. However, just calling something like [callback willChangePPDOptionKeyValue:@"PageSize" ppdChoice:@"Legal"]; doesn't seem to have any effect, though it returns YES.

Now, if that did work, I'd still have the problem of having to implement "hidden" page sizes - I'd really like to modify the actual dimensions of the page, not the name of the size - but I'm trying to take this one step at a time.

Am I missing something here? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
    Aaron