possible to set Job states inside of a KSH filter?

Paul Conklin paul.conklin at cerner.com
Thu May 17 12:29:12 PDT 2012

> i know you can set Printer States, but can you set Job states?  I'm having an issue where My client devices don't always know when a job completes and I think this is why.  If it is possible, how do I set it to complete?  I don't see any doc on the Job state portion.

Oddly enough, it usually seems to "hang" on the client device when the output is PCL (output type I have configurable.  when using PCL i am just rendering to pxlcolor with GhostScript.)  It still prints and doesn't show up in the queue in CUPS any longer, just the client sometimes seems to be "clueless"