auth-info to second server

Damir Laurenzi damir13 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:11:07 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I'm not able to find any reference to my problem, so I'll explain here:
I'm trying to have a configuration like this:
client linux (cups) <-> server linux (cups) <-> server windows (windows 2008) -> printer.
the problem is the authentication request made by the windows server that want username/password in order to authorize the print job.
if the connection is directly from the client to the windows server, the auth-info-require parameter is enough to activate the request to the client interface, but when the linux server is put between the cient and the windows server, the requests is not activated (or at least I'm unable to activate it) md the print job is blocked in the windows server.
seems that the auth-info-request works only when the cups server can pass it directly to a local backend.

there's a way to have the auth-info forwarded from the client to the windows server and vice-versa using 3rd cups server ? I'm referring to windows servre because of my situation, but I think the problem is general and not related to windows.