[cups.general] PIN printing for privacy (Linux)

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed May 23 06:13:48 PDT 2012

Op 19-02-12 22:56, franz.pfoertsch.brose schreef:
> Hello Paul,
>
> out of the box it will not work or is quite stupid.
> That means some users (user1..user8) with always the similar pins.
>
> but I am working on a solution for PIN-printing on Canon Multifunction devices.
> like the iR C2880 a and so on. The user will choose SecurePrint inside of the printserver. The user clicks on print a pin will generated and a email to the user with the pin will be send to the user.
>
> Today this solution is in a testing stage ...
>
> are you interested in?

Sorry that I answer so late. I did not see your message.

Maybe interesting to know for you that there is something like that for
Canon: http://www.franet.com/nprodCQueE.php

We decided to look further to Ricoh, sorry. There is some information
about it, like here:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/RicohFAQ#What_is_JobType_.22Locked_Print.22.3F_How_do_I_use_it.3F

But we don't have something what's really good at the moment. What we
miss is a way to personalize the pin-code (it's a thin client server, so
many people use the same driver).

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

http://www.vandervlis.nl